Tuesday, November 10, 2009

TPE #40 Be Thankful Challenge


Hi Everyone,
I hope this finds you all doing well.  I'm on the road again, this time San Diego, Ca.
Hubby has left for the Base (USMC Airstation Mira Mara) someone has to go to work and make money to pay for all my supplies. It has been a little strange doing challenges on the road.  Since this time I traveled by air. Not like my Atlanta trip where I drove and could take everything but the kitchen sink with me.  Was not sure when I checked my supplies in at the airport what I would find when I landed.  But everything seems to have traveled well. Wished I would have packed my THANK YOU cuttlebug embossing folder would have worked well with this weeks challenge.  But  I'm happy with what I turned out. San Diego area  was our last Duty Station before Nick was sent to Oki. so I knew where I could find back up supplies if needed(LOL). And now looking at my entry most of what I used to make this one I got since I've been here.  Now for my Entry.
I used Unity Stamp "Shine On!" stamp,Writing is mine around the border (Thankful for you),BoBunny a gift of Love Sugar Dot item #12SD550 & Mellow Yellow Dot item #12MYD635 paper, Light blue cardstock & Black cardstock, Making memories rectangle variety pack 2 " 3 ribbon charms" & the ribbon I do not know. I picked it up at Cool Scrapbook Stuff here in Poway (http://www.coolscrapbookstuff.com/), Rhinestone Strips Basics by Kaisercraft & Dew Drops dd-17 mens,, I used a scallop punch from stampin up for the bottom.
When I glued the Mellow yellow paper to the card I put it on the inside back of the card instead of the back of the front of the card. But when you stood the card up it did not show. So scince we just had a Easel Card Challenge for C4C. I was playing with doing a version of that without using more cardstock than what I had used to make the card. I glued the bottom front and back of the card together. Then went to the top of the card and cut the card apart(the fold) And this is what I came up with. It is a little off balance because of the ribbon charm being heavy. It works but if you use a heavy item on the card it would be better to have the back support come up at least 1/2 the way up the back of the card. Well, that's it. I can't wait to see what you all come up with for next weeks challenge (more shopping?) Everyone enjoy the rest of your week.
Thank You for considering my entry.
BJ


No comments:

Post a Comment