Thursday, November 12, 2009

DCRU Embossing Challenge





Hi Everyone,
I hope this finds you all doing well.  I love this Mo.  I have a picture of my Dad & Savannah singing Happy Birthday.  And Savannah looks just like puppy in Jingle Bells . I would have added it, but it's not stored on the laptop.



My Entry: Image Mo's Jingle Bells, White & Black cardstock, Red cardestock Stampin Up & BoBunny Sugar Dot item #125D550,Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Allegro,Ribbon Offray 907GG Swissdot Red 5,Robins Nets Dew Drops , Making Memories Ribbon Charm & Liquid  Applique.  I used Prismacolor Pencils & Stampin Up Scallop punch.


This project has way more embossing than what you can tell. Going with a easel card designe created a problem with the embossing folder I used.   Kept coming out upside down or backwards.  I added embossed blk. card stock.  That did not look right ,added embossed red cardstock.  Still did not like. Embossing did not show up on the on the blk/wht dot.  Added the wht. embossed.  So there are realy 5 layers of embossing.   But as it turned out, when you remove the card from it's emvelope you get a hint at what's inside when you open the card up.
So it all turned out in the end.  I hope everyone has a good rest of the week.


Thank You for considering my entry.
BJ

4 comments:

  1. WOWzers...BJ this is beyond awesome!! I see you found the liquid applique!! You coloring is exquisite and I am proud of your easel card!! Did you enjoy that challenge? You nailed it!

    Happy you joined DCRU this week!!

    Big Hugs- LORi

    ReplyDelete
  2. OhMyWow! What a gorgeos card! Brilliant easel card!
    Thanks for playing along with us at DCRU!
    ~ margie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and that muscial note embossing folder goes just perfect with this cute caroler. Thanks for joining the DCRU DT challenge!!
    Cara DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exceptionally well done! I love how you tied your embossing in with your adorable image. Perfect!

    Smiles!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete