Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sentimental Sunday #15 Anything Goes


Hello Everyone,
Hope this finds all doing well. I was inspired by a Card that Karen B.over at The Bald Dragonfly http://thebalddragonfly.blogspot.com/2010/08/bluebirds.html
made. You have to go check her's out.
For mine: You have heard of Pheasant under Glass?  Well, I have Bluebird under acetate.  I think that I have found a way to use acetate that doesn't make me want to set it on fire.
Unlike Karen B. I used distressing ink to color my Bluebird before I used the Glimmer Mist.
It was a hard call not to use the back of my image for this one.  I just could not get the red/orange color right on the front.  But the back was just the color I was looking for.  I thought about doing a window or just make the front of the card acetate.  But I did not have a big enough sheet for that.
But I think that it turned out quite nice. Well, I had better get to the details.  Thank You for visiting.
Entry Details
Image is from Tiffany Doodles it's Bluebird 3
Tim Holtz Distressing inks: Broken Glass & Faded Jeans for the blues
Tattered Angles Glimmer mist in Frost & Antique Brass

Crackel for the branch & feet
Cuttlebug Embossing folder
Sun Kissed Paper from the lemonade collection Basic Gray
Ribbon that I got on my last trip to Mom & Dad's

Inside Card

Image from Tiffany Doodles,Glossy Accents, Copics  & Glimmer Mist.  I used distressing ink for the nest before the Glimmer Mist.  But as it dried the color was dulled.  So I went back over it with my Copics.
This is the sheet that I used when I applied the Glimmer Mist to my bird & thought that it would make a good inside cover sheet


The Peace & Faith stickers are from http://www.serendipitystamps.com/
Sorry that this was such a long one.
Thank You for considering my entry.
BJ

4 comments:

  1. It's absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Sentimental Sundays!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous inside and out! Love all the different techniques you used! The ribbon on the front goes so perfectly with the colors you used on that sweet bluebird! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card with a gorgeous bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us for the Sentimental Sundays “Anything Goes” challenge. Good luck!

    Cheryl
    http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete